Saturday, January 3, 2015

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Zoe is still discovering the joys of her holiday gifts, so thank you all again.
She loves this little pony...




Just look at those eyes.


Sometimes we want to read together but her books aren't close by.
This evening we read through a beauty supply catalog together.

Zoe thinks people are nuts for spending $95/oz on Vitamin C drops.

Zoe now recognizes the horses (with rapt attention) 
and this week she got to meet a few of our neighbors.  




 We also have a family of four white Egrets living in the wash behind our house...




...and about a hundred (or so) LOUD parrots who (as legend has it) descended from five or six domesticated birds who were released from their cages 25 years ago.

They sound like a hundred squeaky wheels...running over a flock of disgruntled parrots.

Zoe has also mastered "tummy time" and can now squirm/pull herself 
the length of her play mat (as long as I let her push off my legs)





But the most wonderful new trick is her 'talking.'  
She has so many things to say...

...and (as a bonus) I now present to you a short video of miss Zoe Elise Bernat 'speaking' to me.



I defy you to show me a better way to start 2015.
Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures once again and beautiful smiles. I love seeing all the sights that she is seeing too. Such a beautiful neighborhood. She is getting so big and her personality is showing in each photo. The video is just perfect for all of us so far away. Thank you so much for including that. Hugs and kisses from Grammie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No better way to start the new year than the one y'all had. She talks right at you and looks so interested in everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, an absolutely wonderful start to the New Year! Brought a huge smile to my face. I look forward to her talking to her Aunt Meme as well :)

    ReplyDelete